Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Sampler

Last year, one of my friends and I took a "class" to learn how to construct a sampler quilt.  Little did we know at that time that we would forever be hooked on cutting up fabrics and sewing them back together again to make quilts!  Though the Sampler Quilt was my first one to make, it was the last one of three that I finally finished!  It's the "first shall be last..." idea, I guess!


At this angle, you can see the intricate machine quilting my friend, Millie, did on it!  I just love this design!


Here's a close-up of the Grandmother's Fan block.  I HAD to add that one in my quilt since I AM a grandmother!



This photo shows the backing material as well as the beautiful quilting design.


Finally, here is the finished product!  I'm rather pleased with the way it turned out -- not bad for a beginner! 

No comments: