Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Quilt for Meme

In celebration of my sister's 50th birthday, I used the Prairie Star Basket Quilt pattern from Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting Magazine October 2010:

Love of Quilting September/October 2010 (MAG89)

My sister, Marilyn (aka Meme), wanted pinks and greens as the color scheme.  Thankfully, I was able to find just the right fabric from a local Jo-Ann's that was going out of business (THAT caused a great deal of stress for me!!  However, they are relocating and will reopen midsummer!). 

I must admit that the bias and on-point requirements did deal me some misery -- this was only my third quilt to piece and was a bit challenging, to say the least. 

Here's a close-up of the block and a look at the backing:




Notice the beautiful machine quilting done by my friend, Millie!  Just perfect for this quilt!

Here's the finished product:



Here's to new beginnings for her and blessings for the future!!

Love you, sis!

2 comments:

MeMe said...

This quilt is amazing, not only because my Nonnie made it just for me, but the piecing and quilting are beautiful. I was torn between just looking at it and sleeping with it...sleeping won!

My quilt, just for me!!!!

Mary Ann said...

I just love it! The colors, patchwork and quilting are absolutely lovely! Thank you for sharing :-)