Here's just a brief synopsis of my life since 2011:
- Started a new job in Texas in 2011
- Was at the birth of my granddaughter in January 2012
- Found out that my husband had pancreatic cancer in March 2012
- My daughter-in-law suffered a major stroke in April 2012 and was then diagnosed with Stage 4 choriocarcinoma in May 2012 (She has recovered, thank God!)
- My mother-in-law suffered a major stroke in June 2013
- My husband passed away in July 2013
- I moved to a different state and bought a house in September 2013
- Started another new job in January 2014 at a local church
- The church was all but demolished in a tornado in April 2014 and I had to work out of my home for several months.
- My mother-in-law passed away in January 2015
- Two of my sons who lived close to me moved in 2015 and early 2016
No wonder I'm tired!!
The only thing that "got me through" these past few tumultuous years is the never-ending love, comfort and provision of God. He has picked me up when I was down, toted me when I couldn't take another step, comforted me gently, guided me in making the right decisions and provided in ways that I had never even imagined. All thanks and praise go to Him!
As my life begins to settle into a somewhat normal routine, my intentions are to get back into sewing, quilting and crafting that I simply until now had no energy to do. And, of course, to start blogging again.
Here's to a calmer life!