Thursday, April 14, 2011

Stamping and Scrapping!

I love quilting!  And I love rubberstamping!  Imagine my excitement when I discovered a rubberstamp for quilting at the West Houston Quilter's Guild Show in Katy, TX, last week!  I was in crafter's heaven!!  Of course, one of those stamps had to come home with me -- that was a given! 



Kate Ackley of  By Kate has developed this stamp that utilizes used fabric softener sheets as the foundation for piecing miniature log cabin blocks.  How's that for going green?  As we visited, she was steadily making little blocks using small scrap fabrics and handstitching the seams.  She said that it was addictive -- and she was right!  I sat down to try my hand at one and wound up making five before I knew it!!


Well, since I'm also a cardmaker, it was a natural progression to use these squares in my cards.  After cutting out a square (using my Nestibilities dies and Cuttlebug) from the front of my prefolded cardstock, I adhered each block in the opening and backed it with a piece of cardstock cut to size to hide the backside of the block.  Here's the results of my labor:





The inside of the card reads:  "In the crazy quilts of life, I'm glad you're in my block of friends."  (Stamps from Papertrey Ink).

I can see where there will be many more of these little log cabin blocks in my future.

Thanks, Kate!!!

No comments: